Unless there is a significant difference in cost, Webdom knows it doesn’t matter a jot to most businesses whether Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an art or a science. What businesses want are results – their website appearing towards the top of the 1st page of Google (or other search engine) results for certain keywords.
However, the traditional SEO method of structuring and setting keywords ‘On-Page’ alone will no longer deliver the desired outcome because of several factors:
- Ongoing changes to the way that search engines determine what results to show (search algorithm)
- Business websites being newly built or updated all the time, offering similar products and services to you, using the same SEO methods and identifying the same keywords as on your site.
- New technologies and techniques employed by Webdom and others to increase ranking through backlinks and other methods.
This article will explain how Webdom can legitimately help increase search ranking for your business. We refer to Google only because they have the most significant Search Engine in current times.
On-Page SEO is important to ensure that your content is well-written and targetted towards your desired visitors. However, the scientific approach towards On-Page SEO can be a time-consuming one. It involves, for the website as a whole and for each individual page:
- Brainstorming a list of appropriate and relevant keywords for your business, products, services and page contents
- Analysing each of those keywords using online tools to assess how often they are searched for, locally and globally.
- Looking for similar keywords that may have more searches, locally and globally.
- Shorlisting a set of keywords
- Analysing how much competition there is for each of the shorlisted or similar keywords to identify those which have the least competition.
- Going back through from step 2 until one or more highly searched for keyword is found which have minimal competition.
- Writing page content using the keywords in title tags, description tags and within the body of the page.
- Submitting the site to search engines so that they know about the site and can, at some stage, send their spiderbots to index your site.
If that sounds long-winded and tedious in theory, trust us when we tell you that it is even more so in practice. But the sting in the tail is that, after diligently doing all the above, you still might not get any significant increase in your ranking.
Most web companies like Webdom, offering On-Page SEO recognise that the search engines are regularly changing their algorithms, making it impossible to guarantee search results.
Beware of companies that try to manipulate the search engine results using ‘black hat’ methods, which might work well temporarily. However, these methods often backfire spectacularly, as soon as Google find out. For example, Rap Genius were recently banished from search results because of their SEO practices http://huff.to/1dbI6RD.
If you are told that by doing SEO your website will be easier to find by search engines, this would be true. However, if you are told that your website will therefore appear higher on search results, then that would be a false claim – so be on guard.
What is important to realise is, as a client, you can pay alot for On-Page SEO services, but with no guarantee of results.
Webdom, however, offer on-page SEO free of charge to all their website clients as a one-off. This is to ensure that your business website is well structured and well written, in a common-sense way, for the benefit of your visitors and customers.
SEO can be made to work for your business!
The good news is that there are techniques to legitimately increase website search ranking and increase the number of high ranking website linkbacks to your site.
Webdom offer a variety of other common-sense methods focussed on increasing the number of relevant visitors to your website,based on multi-dimensional online marketing techniques. These methods utilise the inherent strengths of the internet, including, social media, syndication, video content, paid ads, writing and submitting articles for online news portals and magazines etc.
Whether you need a new website or already have a website that needs updating, get in touch with Webdom today to discuss which methods would work best for your business.